Horse Care and Horse Rehabilitation
Every horse owner has had the stress of a sick or injured horse. For instance you might be worrying about the prognosis, not being sure that you are doing the right thing or maybe just not having the right equipment or facilities.
Many horse owners struggle to provide the standard of care their horse needs once the Vet has gone or they are discharged from hospital.
That’s where we come in.
We give horse owners the reassurance that their horse is getting the best chance at recovery possible.
Our purpose built facilities are designed to provide short and longer term horse care for the sick or injured horse.
Horse care and rehabilitation includes:
- Wound care for horses
- Laminitic horses with or without pedal bone penetration
- Tendon injuries
- Hoof injuries
- Joint injuries
- Post colic surgery
- Post surgical recovery
- Traumatic eye injuries
- Administration of intramuscular and intravenous medications
- Laser phototherapy treatments which significantly speed up healing times for wound, joint and tendon injuries
- Wound management using best practice, evidence based techniques
- Management of injuries requiring Sterile practice
- Blood collection for pathology testing
- Monitoring progress
- Nutrition to support healing
- Hoof rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy exercises and treatments
We work with your Vet or local Veterinarians to develop treatment and management plans and liaise with them to provide progress reports.
Experts in hoof rehabilitation, body work and equine nutrition support the care of horses at the facility.
Last, but not least we consider the horse’s mental well being by providing companions nearby, enrichment activities and an environment that supports healing.
At the Equine Care Clinic we give great value for money and look after your horse as we would our own.