Recovery Care for your sick or injured horse
Think you know a lot about horses?
11 things Every Horse Owner Should Know
Equine Care Clinic Services
Our specialised horse agistment is based on best practice horse keeping AND to ensure minimum owner requirements. We want you to come and enjoy your horse without having all the work of the maintenance.
Horse Care and Horse Rehabilitation
Every horse owner has had the stress of a sick or injured horse. Worrying about the prognosis, not being sure that you are doing the right thing or maybe just not having the right equipment or facilities are all common problems.
Horse First Aid
An online course and community that teaches you what to do before the vet arrives.
Get support to help you gain confidence in caring for your horse.
The Story Behind the Equine Care Clinic
Our name says it all. We are a clinic that cares about and for horses – sick and injured ones as a general rule.
We do recovery care and focus on getting horses well again following an acute injury or illness. We have looked after a wide range of cases – from simple laminitis, horses injured in more ways we thought possible – floats, fences, becoming cast, falling over, getting kicked, through to post surgery care and complex medical problems.
We generally work with horses that people love and care about and that suits us well because we love and care about them too!
Horses have a habit of getting sick or injured and suddenly horse owners don't know what to do. If you have a sick or injured horse that needs specialised care and you don’t have the:
* Confidence to know whether you are doing the right thing or not
* Knowledge and technical skills to provide ongoing treatment and care effectively
* Facilities and equipment to help get your horse better
* Specialised horse handling tricks to administer treatments without scaring your horse or getting yourself injured
We help horses get better in as short a time frame as possible using best practice methods and years of experience.
* We specialise in care and recovery for horses with major wounds, tendon injuries, laminitis - with or without pedal bone penetration, traumatic hoof injury, post surgical care, eye injuries and post eye surgery care.
* Treatments include: intramuscular and intravenous injections, medication management, dressing changes, wound care assessment and planning, cold laser treatment, dietary management, post operative monitoring and other recovery and rehabilitation care as required.
* When your horse is hurt and you want peace of mind, we are here to help.
Looking for some instant help?
Why not check out our Free Resources Page where you'll find a range of handy guides and tip sheets.